Sunday, June 21, 2009

Anaïs Nin

"The leaf fall of his words, the stained glass hues of his moods, the rust in his voice, the smoke in his mouth, his breath on my vision like human breath blinding a mirror."

"There are two ways to reach me: by way of kisses or by way of the imagination. But there is a hierarchy: the kisses alone don't work."

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive."

"I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing."

"Life is truly known only to those who suffer, lose, endure adversity, & stumble from defeat to defeat."

"Living never wore one out so much as the effort not to live."

"I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary world. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women, to enter ordinary relationships, I want ecstasy. I am a neurotic- in the sense that I live in my world. I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment