Friday, August 14, 2009

Marilyn Monroe

"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything."

"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left."

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."

"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them."

"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."

"It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone."

"Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right answer?"

"Who said nights were for sleep?"

"It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on."

"If your gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."

"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents."

"I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't."

"If I'd observed all the rules I'd never have got anywhere."

"Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you."

"We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle."

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot!"

"It's all make believe, isn't it?"

"I used to think as I looked out on the Hollywood night — there must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star. But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest."

"She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that’s important—you know ... "

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend."

"Everyone is a star and deserves a chance to shine."

"Women who seek to be equal with mean lack ambition"

"I've been on a calendar, but never on time."

"All little girls should be told they are pretty, even if they aren't. "

"Well behaved women rarely make history"

""The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space""

"It's often just enough to be with someone. I don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You're not alone."

Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment