Saturday, September 5, 2009

AA Milne

"Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem."

"'It's snowing still,' said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is"
"And freezing"
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately.""

"I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time."

"I used to believe in forever, but forever's too good to be true"

"If you live to be 100 I want to live to be 100 to, minus one day so I never have live without you."

"I do remember, and then when I try to remember, I forget."

"Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo."

"'I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit.
"No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way.'"

"Think, think, think."

"What I like doing best is nothing.
“How do you do nothing,” asked Pooh after he had wondered for a long time.
“Well, it’s when people call out at you just as you’re going off to do it, ‘What are you going to do, Christopher Robin?’ and you say,”Oh, nothing,” and then you go and do it."

"Friendship, said Christopher Robin, is a very comforting thing to have."

"Sometimes it’s the smallish things that take up the most room in our hearts."

"Rivers know this there is no hurry. We shall get there some day. "

"When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen."

"One does not argue about The Wind in the Willows. The young man gives it to the girl with whom he is in love, and, if she does not like it, asks her to return his letters. The older man tries it on his nephew, and alters his will accordingly. The book is a test of character. We can't criticize it, because it is criticizing us. But I must give you one word of warning. When you sit down to it, don't be so ridiculous as to suppose that you are sitting in judgment on my taste, or on the art of Kenneth Grahame. You are merely sitting in judgment on yourself. You may be worthy: I don't know, But it is you who are on trial."

AA Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment